Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas

Today I realized I haven't posted any blog since October 9, shame on me! Things for me have been pretty hectic lately, I really need to stay focus on top of this blog, hehe.. Well.. Firstly, I just wanna say Merry Christmas to everyone =)

So after the last class on 23rd, I finally got the holiday for 2 weeks, but it doesn't mean that I'm turning back soon to my home, Indonesia to celebrate Christmas day (what a dream!). Well, I will just spend them at home with my family. My mom just made a super duper special dinner for Christmas eve, starting from the meat ball soup, I have no idea about the name actually, since my mom just said, "It's called mommy's soup kids!", and then the salad with chunks of ham and Mayonnaise Sauce with sweet shrimp coupled with pineapple and lychee, and at last FRIED CHICKEN, ehmmm yummieee... =p

Apart from that, you know what has been all over the grocery store here in Milan during Christmas period?? It's called "panettone"! it’s typical Italian sweet bread that turns out to be a trend every year when Christmas comes, it looks like a big big round bread mixed with raisins originally, just imagine dinner roll when you try to figure out its shape. Thanks to bakers' creativity, there are now a lot of varieties of flavors available in market, which I think is great hmmmmmm...!!

Should I go into the story of how it is originated, this would be a long tiring posting to read.... but it basically revolves around fairy tale portraying a bakery girl who finds herself fall in love with the prince and they eventually get together... and the story goes on with contest initiated by the king between royal bakery and the small bakery where the girl works to make the best and most delicious bread throughout the country.... and as you can predict, with help of the prince who undoubtedly knows what the king wants better than anyone else, the girl's bakery indeed invents a famous bread known as "Panettone" and wins.... hehehe so that's how it happens...

Anyway here are some of the pictures :p and Overall, it’s been a completely amazing Christmas eve so far.. Once again MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone =) God bless..



Panettone


The dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment